Since 1992 of release
Repair and car operation
Opel of Frontera
+ Cars of mark Opel Frontera
+ Current leaving and service
+ The engine
+ Cooling and heating systems
+ The power supply system and release
- Engine electric equipment
- Ignition system
Security measures at works with components of system of ignition
System Bosch M1 5.4
System Bosch M1 5.4 for engine DOHC
System Bosch Motronic M1.5 of engines of 2.0 and 2.4 l
Check of the moment of ignition
Spark plugs - the general description
+ Charge and start systems
+ Manual box of a gear change
+ Kardannye shaft, the main transfer
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
+ Controls and operation
+ Electric equipment schemes
Depending on type of the engine, year of its release, etc. The engine can have the distributor of ignition or the coil of ignition with four conclusions. Last scheme is applied at the engine of 2.0 l from the middle of 1995 of release and the engine of 2.2 l (DOHC). Function of this "distributor" is high voltage distribution on spark plugs in the set sequence. It is reached by means of the module of the ignition having four exits from outside of a flywheel at a head of cylinders on that place where there is an ignition distributor.
Management of ignition is carried out by means of the general electronic block of management by ignition and injection. It occurs alternately through two blocks of the coil of ignition.
Change of the moment of ignition is carried out according to the characteristic put in memory of the block of management, and depends on number of turns of the engine and its loading. On engines from the middle of 1995 of release the characteristic system of ignition with the inductive gauge, designated "EFZ-i" is applied. Position of a cranked shaft defines the management block on a signal of the gauge of a flywheel. Other factors defining the moment of ignition, the temperature of a cooling liquid and absolute pressure of soaked up air are position throttle заслонки.
The flywheel has the special gear rotor which teeths are located non-uniformly. Two teeth is on distance 180 so that one of them defines ВМТ, another НМТ the gauge. The information on it is transferred to the management block.
The coil of ignition at old models of the engine or the module of ignition at the new can be disconnected, as it has been described in the previous section. The same concerns the distributor of ignition of other engines.
The system of ignition established on the majority of engines, consists of following parts:
1. The gauge established in картере of a flywheel.
The gauge gives the module of ignition the information on flywheel position at which the spark should be generated.
2. The electronic block of management which is simultaneously used for management of injection system.
3. The ignition module.
4. Coils of ignition or the ignition distributor.
5. The ignition distributor.
6. The engine 16V has the gauge of position established on a head of cylinders. It is adjusted on a certain cam of a camshaft of inlet valves and distinguishes ВМТ the first cylinder (once on a working step, i.e. on each two turns).
The ignition system defines the ignition moment in each cylinder according to the data which is in electronic memory. In memory the data from separate gauges, namely from the flywheel gauge (number of turns of the engine and flywheel position), a measuring instrument of volume or weight of soaked up air (engine loading), air temperature (the gauge is in a measuring instrument of volume or weights of air) and temperature of a cooling liquid arrives. The potentiometer throttle заслонки gives out the information on position dros - сельной заслонки at start-up, idling, under loading and in a mode of compulsory idling. The signal of a spark of ignition moves from the block of management of injection/ignition to the module of ignition which operates ignition. At performance of any works with cables or connections of system of ignition and the system of injection connected with it it is necessary to disconnect ignition always. For safety it is necessary to disconnect also the storage battery if any cable is disconnected. It excludes possibility of occurrence of short circuit.
About the ignition moment, its check "Check of the moment of ignition", etc. see.
Some words about detonation regulation and the gauge of a detonation which is available in system of injection М15.4 are necessary to tell.
The combustion which is accompanied by detonation knocks in the engine and a consequence of early ignition, represents danger to the engine in case of its long action. It leads to serious damages of bearings of a cranked shaft and pistons.
However in modern cars the greatest possible, earliest ignition is established. Correctly to establish the moment of ignition in the course of the engine work, not leading to a detonation, various factors are considered. Regulation on a detonation is for this purpose applied.
Combustion process in cylinders is supervised by means of the so-called gauge of a detonation, i.e. the electric gauge which defines sharp knocks - appearing in the cylinder "detonation". The gauge will screw in the block of cylinders. At occurrence in cylinders of non-uniform knocks the information on them is transferred to the block of management which processes it as follows:
1. As soon as the management block receives a signal about occurrence of detonation knocks at combustion, it defines, in what cylinder there are knocks. The moment of ignition of the revealed cylinder is displaced on 3 aside later ignition, in other cylinders the ignition moment does not vary.
2. If the engine continues to work with knocks, the management block again shifts the ignition moment on 3 back. So can repeat some times.
3. If бездетонационная cylinder work thus is reached, the ignition moment is rearranged after a while on earlier. But this time on 0.5. Further in the course of engine work on each step the ignition moment is displaced on 0.5 aside earlier ignition until the former moment of ignition again will not be reached. In intervals thus there can be knocks in other cylinders.
The resulted scheme is the general scheme of regulation on a detonation. For firm Opel engines the corners of regulation resulted above have the values.